Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday

Today's Devotional: Risk Proverbs 6:16-19

Prayer Requests:
Rev. Fitch's family
Ron's family
School, exams, etc.
Car Wash on Saturday
Pasta Dinner on Sunday

Sign-Ups
Did you sign up to help at the Car Wash and/or Pasta Dinner? It's not too late! You can
sign up online or email us.

Ron's "Bike Miles for Bibles" Challenge!
Hey All,
Just in case you missed it on my status.
The challenge has been met for this week.
We had 10 students and 4 adults in class this week.
10 students brought their Bibles and 2 didn't, so my ride had to be at least 8 miles. (cake walk!) Sunday evening Bonnie, Greg and Ladan rode with me and we had a GREAT ride.
We started out at the soccer fields on Cleveland Ave. in Westerville and rode to the fields at Easton and back. That's 15.4 miles round trip. We made it in 1 hour and 33 minutes, and that was with taking about a 5 minute break on the ride back north. Even with the break our average speed was 10 mph.
So, I ended up doing a mile for each person who was there, with or without their Bibles, plus 1.4 miles. You might say, I paid the bill and left a tip.
Lets see if we can make next weeks ride a bit tougher! (:> Or not! I am a bit sore, but will survive. (:< I hope you all have a very good week!
God Bless,
~ Ron ~

No comments: