Monday, January 11, 2010

Kate Beachler


Kate Beachler
Age: 17
Grade: 11
School: Westerville South Highschool (ahem the BEST one).


List any sports/clubs/activities which you are involved: Soccer, key club, art, FCA, cooking club, swimming, theater.


Favorite class or subject(s): Art (painting), English Lit.


My friends would tell you that I am: Quirky, artistic, aanndd fun-loving? ha haa


My dream career would be: An art director for a magazine or something involving traveling.


My favorite memory in GRACE Student Ministries is: Hearing Troy and Mindy's news of their pregnancy :)


One thing people probably don’t know about me: I'm a nerd and I love reading Popular Science, and classic literature.


For lunch today, I ate: I had some water, Kashi bar, pretzels, an apple and some peppers. yumm


The last movie I saw was: Leap Year! with Amy Adams (me recomiendo).


The celebrity I would most like to meet: Bobby Flay or Roger Federer.


The best family vacation we took was to: New Jersey


If I could have any dessert right now, it would be: if it was any dessert that was calorie free I would choose the double-chocolate cake from The Cheesecake Factory. It's so good it almost makes me sick!


My least favorite game to play at youth group or SS is: I think...no, I know! That this game permeats of the putrid stink of hatred, which it absorbed by osmosis due to the strong bitterness exuded of all who have played it. This game.... is Mingle Mingle Mingle.


My favorite Bible verse or Bible story is: My favorite Bible story would have to be the one with Abraham. His willingness to just serve God on the highest level possible was amazing. He had just the most incredible level of servitude and trust in God with not only his destiny, but with his sons destiny, as well. That level of trust is what I'm striving for.


The hardest thing about being a teenager is: Realizing that the trivial stuff is just...well trivial. In the big scheme of things it doesn't even matter.


A sentence (or two) of advice I would tell middle schoolers: Don't worry so much about what people think! The people who have started anything worth while have always been the ones who didn't care about the oppinions of those who wanted to suppress their ambitions. But always help those who need it, and there will always be someone who does.

No comments: